Monday, June 13, 2016



Hi Everyone:


I'm almost a week behind in writing. Last Wednesday, I promised myself that I would write this the next day. But we all know how that goes. Promises, promises. At least the road to hell is paved.

Tomorrow is flag day. I don't know about you, but I look forward to it. We own about 10 flags, some large, some not so large and a bunch of small ones and I love displaying them in the myriad of flower pots around the front of our house. We have one flag, however, that has never been put out for our neighbors to enjoy. It is quite large and silky and is made to pull down like a giant window-shade. We bought it a couple of years ago. I've never been able to figure out how to install it because of the construction of the roof's overhang. My wife, Danielle, who is far more mechanically oriented than I, says that she has figured that out and, after years of prodding, she has finally put it on her lengthy list of things to do. It doesn't look like she's going to activate that item however, until July. If I'm lucky she'll have it ready to unveil by the fourth of July. Don't ask what year.

According to my trusty callendar, Father's Day arrives on Sunday, June 19th. (It's time for a commercial.) If you are looking for a great gift for your father, here is a suggestion, one that will give him hours of enjoyment; give him a copy of my novel, Alex, Peanut Butter and Me.
It just so happens that I have a few copies available and while they are priced at $12.95 retail, you can purchase one at the discounted price of just $10.00--while they last. I'll handle the shipping cost myself.  If you don't give gifts for Father's Day, buy one for yourself. Summer starts on June 20th and the story is a great one to take on a picnic or to the beach.

Back to our regularly scheduled program. Speaking of books, my close friend, Frank Lohan, has become a regular reading machine. While his tastes are eclectic, lately he has gotten into suspense novels. When he is finished with them, he hands them to me, so I have novels by
Michael Connelly, Clive Cunssler, John Grisham and James Patterson sitting on my shelf along with An Introduction to Short Fiction. And if that isn't enough to keep me reading once I finish working on my current novel, last Saturday, Evelyn Horowitz, a member of The Writer's Studio gave me an interesting book to read. It's entitled: "How to Read and Why" by Harold Bloom. Maybe I'd better start by reading it. It may help me decide if I should read any of the others on my shelf.

            Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment